Lehighton state police report on incidents
State police at Lehighton reported on the following incidents investigated by troopers.
• Ivan Demin, of Lower Valley Drive, in Polk Township, Monroe County, is facing charges. Troopers said at 5:48 p.m. Sunday. Demin and a woman were involved in a domestic incident. As a result Demin is facing charges of driving under the influence, child endangerment, reckless endangerment, simple assault, harassment and strangulation.
• At 5:32 a.m. on June 21 Charles Zebley, 57, of Kunkletown, arrived at a residence along Buck Lane in Polk Township and got into an argument with a 55-year-old man. As a result Zebley was charged with disorderly conduct. At 3:59 p.m. the same day Zebley, 57, of Kunkletown, returned to the property and was found screaming and threatening the same victim. He was cited for disorderly conduct again.
• Troopers said on Sunday about 6 p.m. Marcos Pedroza Jr., 58, of Brodheadsville, was stopped for a traffic violation in Towamensing Township, Carbon County. He was found to be under the influence and in possession of an unregistered firearm within his vehicle. He was taken to the Palmerton hospital for a blood draw.
Troopers said charges will be filed for DUI and firearms violation.
• On June 9 at 3:22 a.m. troopers responded to a residence along Kunkletown Road in Ross Township, Monroe County. Troopers said Barbara Born, 45, and Charles Diller, 34, both of Saylorsburg, had gotten into an argument at their residence that did become physical. Both were cited for harassment — physical contact.
• On June 20 at 10:35 p.m. troopers responded to a residence along Emily Way in Polk Township for a report of harassment and physical contact.
As a result Randy Caretta, 60, of Kunkletown, and Kyle Caretta, 19, of Allentown, were cited for harassment. Another listed victim is a 17-year-old female from Kunkletown.
• On June 20 about 8:20 p.m. troopers responded to a residence along AFD Lane in Eldred Township, Monroe County, for a reported assault. As the result of an investigation troopers determined that a 53-year-old woman from Kunkletown, was assaulted by a 49-year-old man from Kunkletown, who troopers declined to identify. It was also noted the victim has a protection from abuse order against the male. He was taken into custody and charged with assault and related counts.