Polk Township announces 2013 staff and appointees
Polk Township supervisors met for their reorganizational meeting with all three in attendance; they are Brian Ahner, Nancy May and Michael Hurley. Little or no changes were made to staff and appointed positions. They include:
• Roadmaster: Brian Ahner
• Secretary/treasurer: Nancy May
• Assistant roadmaster: Lynn Smith
• Roadwork/equipment operator full-time: Glenn Green
• Solid waste/roadwork/equipment operator full-time: Harold Touni Jr. and David Novajovasky
• Part-time or as needed employees-maintenance or recycle: Jonathan Vazquez; equipment operator/CDL/P.T.: Edward Arnold
• Full-time clerical assistant/recording secretary to supervisors and planning commission: Ruthanne Toner
• Zoning/codes officer: Gerald Zurat
• Township engineer: Russell Kresge & Assoc., a division of Gilmore & Assoc. Inc.
• Sewage enforcement: Hanover Engineering
• Building inspector: Building Inspection Underwriters
• Vacancy Board chairman: Milton Faust
• Delegates PSATS convention: Nancy May, Brian Ahner and Michael Hurley
• Voting delegate to convention: Nancy May
• Earned Income Tax Collector: Berkheimer EIT Collection Agency
• Legal Council: board of supervisors, James Fareri; planning commission, Jerry Hanna; zoning hearing board, Robert Lear
• Mileage reimbursements for personal vehicles: $0.565 per mile
• Veterans Memorial Committee: Henry Schierloh, Elmer Heissam, Connie Haydt and Blanche Strausberger
• Zoning hearing board appointed for one-year terms are Thomas Milewski, Hal Touni Sr., Georgia Hodyl. Carl Scorscone is an alternate. They meet the third Tuesday at 4 p.m. as needed.
• UCC Appeal Board appointed Greg Mackes, Robert Serfass, Dennis Smale to one-year terms. Meets only as needed.
The next Polk Township supervisors meeting will be on Monday, Jan. 28 at 7 p.m. at the municipal meeting.