PV Public Library schedules October events
The Panther Valley Public Library, 117 E. Bertsch St., Lansford, has a full schedule of events to offer in October.
• Thursday, Oct. 4: Dr. Chandra Reddy, M.D., fellowship trained orthopedic surgeon, with St. Luke's Orthopedic Specialists, will do a presentation on "The 10 Common Orthopedic Injuries," from 6-7:30 p.m.
• Monday, Oct. 8 and Wednesday, Oct. 10: St. Luke's Miners "Diabetes Classes," from 6-8 p.m.
• Monday, Oct. 15 and Wednesday, Oct. 17: St. Luke's Miners "Diabetes Classes," from 6-8 p.m.
• Thursday, Oct. 18: Dr. Chandra Reddy, M.D., with St. Luke's Orthopedic Specialists, will do a presentation on "Osteoarthritis and You," from 6-7:30 p.m.
• Friday, Oct. 19 and Saturday, Oct. 20: Downtown Lansford Sidewalk Sale, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Monday, Oct. 22: Teen Ghost Stories (ages 12 and up), from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Refreshments will be served. Kids may dress in Halloween attire.
• Wednesday, Oct. 24, from 6-7 p.m., Reading Rocks! Program, sponsored by St. Luke's Miners Hospital and the library. Children will be reading with hospital staff members. This is a six-week program. To participate, children must be in grades 3-5 and must register by calling the library by Oct. 12.
• Saturday, Oct. 27: Safety and Magic program, starting at 12:30 p.m. Lt. Dave Midas of the Carbon County Sheriff's Office will present a safety program. At 1 p.m., Tom Yuritis will present his Magic and Illusion Show. Refreshments will be available immediately following the magic show. Admission for this program will be one non-perishable food item per children and adult.
Every Tuesday, a Preschool Story Hour will be held from 9:30-10:30 a.m. Crafts and a snack are also provided.
During October, the library will be collecting non-perishable food items for the local food pantries.
For more information on these events, call the library at (570) 645-3780.