Palmerton Area School Board approves personnel action
At Tuesday's Palmerton Area School Board meeting, the board:
• Approved Shanna Israel as a contracted reading specialist assigned to S.S. Palmer Elementary, effective date upon release of current district, at Step 4, Masters, $46,541, pending contract negotiations.
• Approved Tiffany Titus as a contracted learning support teacher assigned to Palmerton Area High School, effective today, at BS, Step 1, $37,882, pending contract negotiations.
• Approved Janelle Scheckler as a one-to-one instructional assistant at S.S. Palmer Elementary, effective Wednesday, at the new hire rate of $13.05 an hour, for up to six hours per day, pending contract negotiations.
• Approved Rachel Elliot as a long-term substitute for grade 8 physical science, effective Wednesday, at BS, Step 1, $37,882, prorated, for the remainder of the 2013-14 school year.
• Approved Jackie Noyola, secretary, cafeteria, instructional assistant; Becky Christman, instructional assistant; and Cara Eckhart, nurse, as day-to-day substitute support staff, effective today.
• Approved Rob Palazzo and Meghan Garrett to attend the National Association of School Psychologists 2014 Annual Conference in Washington D.C., from Feb. 19-21, 2014, to present the results from the district's Summer Reading Program, at the cost of $604 to the district.