Gas odor investigation
Jim Thorpe firefighters on the scene Sunday night.
Jim Thorpe firefighters respond to a double home at 14-16 E. 5th Street in Jim Thorpe Sunday night after a call reporting a strong smell of natural gas in the homes. After monitoring the levels in the house the firefighters found the gas level to be above 1 percent and evacuated the homes. UGI was called to the scene and probe the ground to find the source of the leak. A representative of UGI did not return a phone call to update the investigation as of press time Monday.