Skip to main content

Schuylkill fire ruled accidental

Published August 08. 2011 05:02PM

A fire that extensively damaged two homes and caused water and smoke damage to two other dwellings in the Schuylkill County borough of Shenandoah, has been ruled accidental.

The fire started at 122 Jardin St. and spread to the adjoining homes. The fire was discovered about 2:13 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 6.

The fire started in the rear of the home at 122. Troopers said the origin of the fire was the basement and was possibly caused by an electrical malfunction which ignited nearby combustible materials.

The property is owned by John and Rose Koury. Damages for all four homes was estimated at $100,000.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

November 2017

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   
  

Twitter Feed

Nearby

Free Thanksgiving dinner

40.7998156, -75.6618547

Thanksgiving dinner...

Free community dinner planned

40.9241424, -75.3935318

Zion United Lutheran...

Over-60 Club of Palmerton to meet

40.8035349, -75.6063859

The Over-60 Club of...

Reader Photo Galleries