Coaldale snow parking rules listed
Coaldale Borough has released its parking rules for winter:
Between Nov. 1 and April 1, nonmotorized vehicles, recreational vehicles, motor homes, all-terrain vehicles, boats, campers and trailers may not be parked on borough streets.
The following streets will have no parking in effect from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. during or following any snowfall of three inches or greater:
• Moser Avenue between Fisher Avenue and Sixth Street;
• Howard Avenue between Second Street and Seventh Street;
• Fisher Avenue between High Street and Ridge Street;
• Coal Street between High Street and Phillips Street;
• Earley Avenue between Second Street and Seventh Street;
• Sixth Street between Ridge Street and Water Street;
• Seventh Street between Ridge Street and Water Street.
Vehicles parked on the following streets will be parked facing north (toward Route 209):
• First Street between Moser Avenue and water Street;
• Second Street between Moser Avenue and water Street;
• Sixth Street between Ridge Street and Phillips Street;
• Seventh Street between Ruddle Street and Ridge Street;
• East Street between High Street and Phillips Street.
Vehicles parked on the following street will park facing east (toward Lansford):
• Ridge Street between Third Street and Second Street.
Vehicles parked on the following street will park facing west (toward Tamaqua):
Ridge Street between Fourth Street and Fifth Street.
The borough ordinance requires every person (owner, tenant, occupant, lessee or otherwise) to clear adjacent sidewalks a minimum of 24 inches wide within 12 hours after the cessation of any snow, sleet or freezing rain.
The ordinance also prohibits the deposit of snow or ice immediately next to any fire hydrant, sidewalk, street, highway or roadway, or loading/unloading areas of public transportation.
Violators are subject to fines of $600 or 30 days in jail.