It's hard to believe this is the first weekend of spring, after we have been experiencing spring-like weather for the past several weeks. But nobody seems to be complaining except the ski enthusiasts. Today I thought I'd fill you with some facts that probably won't enhance your life a single bit. But it's something to read and think about over your morning coffee.
Did you know that ...
– "Stewardesses" is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
And "lollipop" is the longest word typed with your right hand.
– No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.
– "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".
– Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
– The sentence: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter of the alphabet.
– The words 'racecar,' 'kayak' 'level' are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left (palindromes).
– There are only four words in the English language which end in "dous": tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
– There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: "abstemious" and "facetious."
– Typewriter is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.
– A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
– A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.
– A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
– A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
– A snail can sleep for three years. (lucky snail)
– Almonds are a member of the peach family.
– An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain. (I know some people like that also)
– Babies are born without kneecaps. They don't appear until the child reaches 2 to 6 years of age.
– February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon.
– In the last 4,000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.
– If the population of China walked past you, eight abreast, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.
– Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.
– Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite!
– Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
– The average person's left hand does 56 percent of the typing.
– The cruise liner, QE 2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.
– The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
– The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls froze completely solid.
– There are more chickens than people in the world.
– Winston Churchill was born in a ladies' room during a dance.
– Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
– All the ants in Africa weigh more than ALL the Elephants!