Carbon County commissioners
The Carbon County Commissioners acted on the following items during Thursday’s meeting:
• Awarded the Community Development Block Grant project in Lehighton to Lehigh Asphalt Paving and Construction Company of Tamaqua, who bid $154,440.90. The project includes street improvements and Stedman Avenue reconstruction.
• Moved the due date for the Carbon County Municipal Waste Disposal/Processing Capacity request for proposals from Aug. 6 to Aug. 13 with the opening moved from Aug. 9 to Aug. 16. The reason for the move was that the Aug. 9 county commissioners meeting has been canceled.
• Approved an agreement with Guard1 Timekeeping of Solon, Ohio, for support services for the prison’s timekeeping system. The cost for the services is $1,405 a year.
• Approved the retirement of Linda S. Dopira of Lehighton, purchasing manager, effective Nov. 1.
• Approved the resignation of Dawn K. Merola of Hazle Township, county caseworker II, Children and Youth Services, effective Aug. 23.
• Approved the changes of status for Donna L. Peck of Lansford, from district justice secretary II to district justice office supervisor I, effective Aug. 3; Lauren M. Hill of Nesquehoning, from part-time dispatcher trainee to part-time dispatcher, effective Aug. 6; and Mark R. Ruch of Albrightsville, from 911 operator to senior dispatcher, retroactive to July 30.