State police at Frackville report on Schuylkill incidents
State police at Frackville reported investigating the incidents in Schuylkill County:
• On Sept. 5 at 2:30 a.m. a 48-year-old woman from Virginia Avenue in West Mahanoy Township, Shenandoah, reported a gun she had purchased earlier was stolen. She said she placed the gun, in a case, under the front seat of her 2018 Nissan Murano, and parked the unlocked vehicle at her residence. She found it missing the next morning. The gun is valued at $520.
• On Sept. 6 at 11:56 a.m. a 26-year-old woman from North Main Street, Shenandoah, reported money was stolen from her wallet. She said she left the wallet unattended between 11:30 a.m. and 11:40 a.m. When she returned, the money was gone. Troopers said $500 was taken in the incident.
• A 99-year-old woman from Cumbola, Blythe Township, reported on Aug. 29 at 11:50 a.m. someone had forced open the rear door on her deceased parents vacant/abandoned home along Coal Street in Blythe Township. An unknown make shotgun was missing from the residence.
Anyone with information concerning any of these incidents is asked to call troopers at 570-874-5300.
• Troopers responded to a residence on Valley Street, in New Philadelphia at 10:44 p.m. on Sept. 8 for a harassment complaint. As a result of an investigation, a man, age 47, and a woman, 43, who troopers declined to identify, were cited for harassment, physical contact.
• A vehicle stop led to the arrest of the driver for driving under the influence and drug counts.
On Sept. 6 at 1:23 a.m. a traffic stop was made along Interstate 81 in New Castle Township, at Exit 124, Frackville/Pottsville. The driver was identified as Erica Burman, 33, of Media, Delaware County. Troopers said they observed marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Burman displayed signs of impairment and was placed under arrest for DUI. Charges of DUI and drug possession are pending.