Palmerton Area Library's October events
The Palmerton Area Library is stocked up with lots to do this month.
For the children there is:
• Preschool Story Hour every Friday at 10:30 a.m. It is free and open to the public.
• Tail Waggin' Tutors is for kids to read to dogs, held the second Saturday of each month from 11 a.m. until noon. It is free but parents must preregister for a time slot by calling the library at (610) 826-3424. The program starts Oct. 13.
• Watercolor painting classes are offered two days a week for children. Call the teacher at (610) 824-4962 for more information.
• Homework Helpers is every Wednesday from 3-4:30 p.m. Volunteer tutors will help children with homework and other assignments. It is free but parents must register each child.
• Teen Advisory Group is for teens in grades 5-12. New members are always welcome. Call the library and ask for Mariann for details.
Activities for all ages include:
• Knitting Club which meets the first and third Monday of each month from 6-8 p.m. It is free and open to anyone interested in knitting and crocheting of all skill levels.
• Third Monday Book Club meets the third Monday of each month from noon until 1 p.m. and discusses a different book each month. On Oct. 15 the club will discuss "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins.
• Yoga classes are offered every Saturday morning at 9 a.m. Call the teacher at (570) 436-1762 for more information or stop in on Saturday morning.
• Library board of directors meets the third Wednesday of each month at 4 p.m. Meetings are open to the public.
• Friends of the Palmerton Area Library meet four times a year. Next meeting will be Tuesday, Oct. 9 at 7 p.m.
• A Quilt Guild is forming in Palmerton and will meet at the library on the second Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. the next meeting is Oct. 11. Please use the side door.
The Palmerton Area Library basement book sale is open regular library hours. New books arrive weekly, as well as movies, puzzles and CDs. Volunteers are needed to sort and place books on shelves.
There are Cake & Cupcake Decorating Classes on Saturdays and Tuesdays. Call the library to sign up. Class size is limited.
The 6th Annual Quilt Show will be held Sunday, Oct. 14 from noon to 4 p.m. There will be lots of beautiful quilts on display, plus vendors, demonstrations and more. For information about displaying a quilt call the library.
Please contact the library if you are interested in donating a new handcrafted item for the auction to be held in November.
The Annual Fund Drive is going on now. You can donate online with a credit card by going to the library website at www.palmertonarealibrary.com.
Visit the website for information about upcoming events at the library.