Skip to main content

Lansford police report

Published January 30. 2012 05:03PM

A Lansford woman was charged after an altercation in Lansford this past weekend.

According to Lansford police, on Jan. 28, Officers Robert Shubeck was dispatched to 508 Lansford Court for a complaint that someone broken into the residence and a domestic was now occurring. While en-route, Shubeck was advised that another call came in, reporting that the domestic was escalating and spilling out onto the street.

Upon arrival, Shubeck spoke with the apparent victim, identified as Cassandra Mitchell, who had a large contusion on her forehead, approximately two inches in diameter, with swelling and red marks on her cheek.

Shubeck learned that Mitchell had been assaulted on the head with a wooden furniture leg by Carissa Whateley. Whateley already left the residence and does not live there but her estranged husband does live there with Mitchell.

Witnesses pointed police in the direction of Whateley's travel along with her clothing description. She was then spotted in a wooded area at the edge of the townhouse complex property, heading west toward Loar's Towing property. Shubeck yelled at Whateley to stop but, after seeing the officer, she began running and fled west onto Loar's Towing property.

After a short foot chase, Whateley was caught and taken into custody.

Witnesses said they saw Whateley going from door to door in the complex in an obvious attempt to be looking for Mitchell or someone else.

Mitchell told officers that Whateley pushed her front door open and barged inside while holding the wooden chair leg. Mitchell said she was in fear while holding and feeding her infant son and told Whateley to get out of her house.

She said she repeatedly told her to get out but Whateley refused to leave. Her boyfriend came running downstairs and tried to get her out, but Whateley locked the door and hit her in the face with the chair leg while she was still holding her son.

Mitchell said she put her son into his bouncer seat and Whateley charged after the infant, but Mitchell's boyfriend finally got her out of the home.

Shubeck then questioned Whateley, asking where she got the chair leg from and she said she brought it with her. Whateley was transported to the Lansford Police station, where she refused to give a written statement. She denied hitting Mitchell with a wooden chair leg. While typing the charges, Whateley made comments that "she got what she deserved" and that the victim had been harassing her in the past.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar


November 2017


Upcoming Events

Twitter Feed

Reader Photo Galleries