Northern Lehigh School District is thankful for the partnerships it has struck throughout its community.
On that note, Superintendent Matthew J. Link recognized several businesses and organizations at Monday’s school board meeting.
“I would like to share that this summer we’ve had some very generous businesses and organizations make donations to support various causes and events,” Link said.
• Giant Food Stores donated $3,155 from Their Round up at the Register Program, which Link said is dedicated to the district’s food services department to help ensure every student has consistent access to nutritious meals.
• Neffs National Bank donated $22,500 to our Education Foundation, with the funds dedicated to support the Summer STEAM Camp, and again this year they purchased the EVERFI curriculum for financial literacy and instruction, which is the curriculum the district uses at the middle school as part of the essential skills course.
• The McClure Company has donated $1,200 for meals for three days’ worth for the district’s administrative retreat held in July and August this summer and toward meals on Aug. 25 for the district’s employees during their welcome back ceremonies.
• Lehigh Valley Educators Credit Union, donated $2,000 toward the cost of lunch for the district’s administrative retreat and employees on Aug. 25 as part of its welcome back ceremonies.
• Northern Lehigh Education Foundation will also sponsor a light breakfast for the district’s employees on Aug. 25.
“So we are very grateful for all of our community businesses and partners that really look to take care of our students and employees here in the school district,” he said. “We’re lucky to have their partnerships.”