Published July 12. 2022 02:45PM
Residents of Carbon County and the surrounding communities now have convenient access to an array of cancer services and an experienced hematology oncology team at the new Lehigh Valley Hospital–Carbon, located along Route 443 outside Lehighton.
LVH–Carbon offers the only cancer center in the region that is part of the prestigious Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Alliance - a location of Lehigh Valley Topper Cancer Institute.
As a member of the MSK Cancer Alliance, the Cancer Institute also provides access to world-class clinical trials. Cancer patients at LVH–Carbon will be screened for trials offered at other Cancer Institute locations.
Less driving, more thriving
“We can provide services such as infusion and imaging on-site,” says Roberto Fratamico, MD, with LVPG Hematology Oncology–Lehighton, and physician lead for hematology oncology at LVH–Carbon.
“That is great news for the entire community, and it may be a particular advantage for older patients, who often find it difficult to travel longer distances.”
Fratamico spends the majority of his time at the LVH–Carbon campus. A second hematologist oncologist is expected to join him there.
High-quality oncology care
Patients at LVH–Carbon benefit from the same compassionate care and clinical expertise that they have come to expect from all the Cancer Institute locations.
Hematology oncology services available at LVH–Carbon campus include:
• Infusion treatments, including chemotherapy, immunotherapy, hydration therapy and blood transfusions
• Phlebotomy services, including blood draws for benign hematologic conditions
• Advanced imaging, including CT, MRI and ultrasound capability
• Virtual consults with the Cancer Institute’s large network of multidisciplinary cancer specialists, including surgical oncologists and radiation oncologists
• Genetic counseling to help people make informed decisions about their health
• Access to world-class clinical trials
“In the future, the plan is to introduce clinical trials through the MSK Cancer Alliance and network trials at LVH–Carbon,” Fratamico says. “We are excited about bringing next-level cancer care to the Carbon County area.”
To make an appointment, please call 888-402-LVHN (5846).
Dr. Roberto Fratamico with LVPG Hematology Oncology–Lehighton. CONTRIBUTED PHOTO