A Tamaqua girl, 10-year-old Sandra Perla, one of 10 children of Mr. and Mrs. John Perla, 136 Spruce St., Tamaqua, suffered third degree burns over most of her body when fire broke out in the bedroom of her home at 10:45 last night.

Mrs. Perla, the girl's mother, fled the burning home with the nine other children, including a 7-month-old baby she snatched from a crib in the bedroom where Sandra was sleeping, thinking Sandra was following. Upon reaching safety, she discovered Sandra was still inside. Firemen brought her down a ladder and she was taken to Coaldale Hospital in the Tamaqua Ambulance.