Palmerton library news
• Preschool story hour is held at 10:30 a.m. every Friday during the school year. It is free and open to the public. Story hour will start Sept. 7.
• Watercolor painting classes are offered for children and for adults. Contact the teacher at 610-737-9844 or email@example.com for more information on dates and times.
• Homework helpers for first through eighth grades: 3:15-4 p.m. Monday and Wednesday. Volunteer tutors will help your child with homework and other assignments. It is free, but parents must register each child.
• Teen Advisory Group for teens in grades five through 12. Meetings are the first and third Thursdays of the month at 3:30 p.m. Call the library and ask for Christine for details.
Activities for all
• Knitting Club meets the first Monday of each month from 6-8 p.m. It is free and open to anyone interested in knitting and crocheting of all skill levels. No club June through September.
• Third Monday Book Club meets the third Monday of each month from noon to 1:30 p.m. and discusses a different book each month. New members are always welcome. The Sept. 17 book will be “In Cold Blood” by Truman Capote.
• Yoga classes are offered every Saturday morning at 9 a.m. Call the teacher at 570-436-1762 for more information or stop in on Saturday.
• The library board of directors meets the third Wednesday of each month at 4 p.m. Meetings are open to the public.
• Friends of the Palmerton Area Library meet four times a year. The next meeting will be at 7 p.m. Oct. 9. Everyone is welcome.
• Quilt Guild: The Sew What Quilt Guild meets at the library on the second Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. New members and visitors are always welcome. Please use the side door.
• Blue Mountain Fiber Guild: Exploring all things related to fiber arts (spinning, weaving, ETC.). No sheep necessary to join. Check it out on the first Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m.
• Our Family History: Do you know who your family is? There’s a chance to find out. Come to the library on the second Tuesday of each month from 6-7:30 p.m. to learn how to research your family history.
• Get your bumper sticker now for $1.
New computer classes will start in October. Beginning and advanced. Call 610-826-3424 now to get your name on the waiting list.
The library will be selling calendar lottery tickets for the month of October. Check with any board member or ask at the checkout desk to purchase a ticket for $5. All proceeds go directly to the library.
Adoptions from the heart: Learn about infant adoption at a free information meeting at 6 p.m. Oct. 23 at the Palmerton Area Library. Call 610-365-4468 or visit www.afth.org to register.
Trusted by women facing unplanned pregnancies. You are not alone. We can help. Stay in touch through open adoption. Choose the family for your baby. Learn about adoption.
Our friendly counselors are available 24/7 to help at 610-557-3708.
Check out all the library activities at www.palmertonarealibrary.com. Look for us on Facebook.