Northern Lehigh School Board
Northern Lehigh School Board took the following action recently:
• Appointed Debra Knerr as the administrative detention monitor in the middle school. She will cover the Monday detentions from 2:20 to 3:20 p.m., and will work throughout the 2018-19 school year on Mondays that warrant detention coverage. Her salary will be $20 per hour worked.
• Appointed Christopher Bennett as the supervisor for summertime maintenance/custodial helpers for the summer of 2018 at a salary of $15 per hour.
• Appointed Edge Kroll and Colton Fallenwolfe as summertime maintenance/custodial helpers for the summer of 2018 at a salary of $10 per hour.
• Appointed Jeffrey Bachman as school safety and security administrator per the requirements of Act 44.
• Acknowledged that teachers Kayla Perkowski (Step 6B to Step 6B + 24), Tamara Stubits (Step 2B to Step 2B + 24), and Jason Graver (Step 17B + 24 to Step 17M) have completed the requirements per the Collective Bargaining Agreement that would entitle them to a salary increase for the 2018-19 school year.
• Approved “Professional Employee” status as per the school code for teachers Mary Frank and Sidney Snyder, who have satisfactorily completed three years of service to the district.
• Approved to continue the employment of Joseph Tout as assistant athletic director for the 2018-19 school year at a stipend of $3,500. He will assist the athletic director in all athletic director duties and responsibilities, and will be responsible for athletic fundraising activities.
• Approved to continue the employment of Sarah Fink, Lisa Hoever and Stephen Reimert as districtwide permanent substitute teachers for the 2018-19 school year. They will be paid a daily per diem rate of $120 and will receive district health benefits according to the Affordable Care Act regulations, with co-payment amounts equivalent to that of district personnel.
• On an 8-0 vote, with an abstention from Director Michelle Heckman, renewed the appointment of substitute teachers Thomas Battista, health and physical education; Kimberly Bayer, elementary 4-6, math 7-8; Janet Brostedt, elementary; James Fisher, social studies 7-12; Ricky Guth, citizenship 7-12; Dawn Kemery, elementary; Lori King, elementary; Samantha Lilly, elementary and special education; Jenna Martin, elementary PK-6; Patricia Passick, art K-12; Candace Steffie, elementary; and Scott Valentine, science 6-9, social studies 7-12, for the 2018-19 school year at the 2018-19 substitute teacher rates as approved on the Supplemental Personnel Salary Schedule.
• Renewed the appointment of Schelene Fritzinger, Janice Wasilkowski and Clausia Young as substitute secretaries/aides; Sabrina Clouse, Gicela Gonzalez, and Eric Schaner as substitute custodian workers; Schelene Fritzinger, Gicela Gonzalez, Janice Wasilkowski and Claudia Young as substitute cafeteria workers; and Marilyn Keenly as substitute nurse worker, all for the 2018-19 school year at the 2018-19 substitute rate as approved on the Supplementary Personnel Salary Schedule.