The First Baptist Church
The First Baptist Church building, which is now the home to the Nesquehoning Historical Society, has a long history in the borough, dating back to 1896.
Here are some facts about the former church that has been one of the many cornerstones in the fabric that makes up Nesquehoning.
• The building was constructed by Barnet and George Thomas of Nesquehoning at a cost of $6,500.
• The Rev. J.E. Kanaar was the first pastor to preach in the new church.
• The church has a seating capacity of 300.
• The congregation celebrated the church’s 100th anniversary in 1996 under the guidance of then Pastor David J. Parry.