Carbon County Court news
Credit card defaults
Cavalry SPV I LLC, Valhalla, New York, has filed three civil actions against people it alleges have defaulted on credit accounts.
The defendants and the arrearages they owe include: Nancy Gruver, 238 E. Patterson St., Lansford, $2,361.29; Lisa L. Homanko, 40 Third St., Beaver Meadows, $7,925.94; and Marlo Wargo and Marlo L. Schleppy, 2255 Fireline Road, Palmerton, $1,662.39.
Five mortgage foreclosure complaints have been filed against defendants as follows:
• Santander Bank N.A., Reading, filed against Edward J. McDonald, Jenkintown, over a property at 25 Snow Ridge, aka 5 Telstar, Albrightsville. The plaintiff is seeking judgment in its favor in the amount of $112,355.16, plus interest, costs and attorney’s fees.
• U.S. Bank N.A., Salt Lake City, Utah, filed against Lisa L. Gonzalez, 402 Ridge St., Palmerton, over a property at that address. The plaintiff is seeking judgment in its favor in the amount of $46,980.55, plus interest, costs and attorney’s fees.
• Deutsche Bank National Trust, Salt Lake City, Utah, filed against John N. Hnatishion, Dawn DiMeo and Dawn D. Hnatishion, 506 Mahoning St., Lehighton, over a property at that address. The plaintiff is seeking judgment in its favor in the amount of $166,325.11, plus interest, costs and attorney’s fees.
• Nationstar Mortgage LLC, Coppell, Texas, filed against Robert Berthoud, Jamaica, New York, and Tiffanie Romey, Stroudsburg, over a property at 15 Kathy Court, Albrightsville. The plaintiff is seeking judgment in its favor in the amount of $199,437.86, plus interest, costs and attorney’s fees.
• Wells Fargo Bank N.A., Fort Mill, South Carolina, filed against Dawn Pezzeca, Justin John Pezzeca and the Estate of Robert D. Brown, all of Bristol, and Robert J. Pezzeca, 25 Fawn Grove, aka 5 W. Fawn Grove, Albrightsville, over a property at the 24 Fawn Grove address. The plaintiff is seeking judgment in its favor in the amount of $75,053.74.
Defaults on student loan
The National Collegiate Student Loan Trust, Peachtree, Georgia, has filed a civil action against Trisha M. McHugh and Barbara Beers, both of 205 Unionville Road, Jim Thorpe.
The plaintiff alleged the defendants defaulted on a student loan agreement executed Aug. 1, 2006, and is seeking judgment in its favor in the amount of $7,730.09, plus interest of $1,128.73 plus costs.
Transcript of judgment
Capital One Bank N.A., Glen Allen, Virginia, has place on record a transcript of judgment against Donna M. Kunkle, 130 Bridge St., Lehighton.
The judgment was ordered on Oct. 12, 2017, by Magisterial District Judge Eric M. Schrantz, in the amount of $3,466.11.
Negligence is alleged
Linda Palmisano, 508 Towanda St., White Haven, has filed a four-count civil action, seeking judgment in the amount of $50,000 from each of four defendants names in the suit.
The defendants are Stabilis Split Rock JC LLC, Split Rock Resort and Golf Club, Stabilis Capital Management L.P., and an Unknown Snow Removal/Maintenance Company, all of 482 Moseywood Road, Lake Harmony.
The complaint states the plaintiff worked for Pinnacle Mid-Atlantic at a property under the defendants’ control and management on Jan. 2, 2017, when she slipped and fell on a patch of ice, causing her serious injuries.
A jury trial is demanded to determine the negligence/premises liability issues.
Declaration of taking
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Transportation, Harrisburg, has filed an eminent domain declaration of taking action against Bennett Family Properties LLC, and Joseph Bennett, 619 Iron St., Lehighton.
The declaration states PennDOT needs the property for transportation purposes and for private access in order to mitigate adverse effects on other land adversely affected by its proximity to the project.
The condemnation allows for a dedication of a right of way for state routes 443, 902, 209 and 3002. The nature of the title condemned is fee simple and a private access easement, the declaration states.