Skip to main content

Boy, 11, says he set fire because he was bored

Published November 09. 2018 05:29AM

An 11-year-old Tamaqua boy faces charges of arson and reckless endangerment after firefighters were called to a possible structure fire in the 100 block of Penn Street on Nov. 5.

The fire was contained to an attic bedroom, which was occupied by the 11-year-old. The boy told police he had been bored, which led to him striking matches. One of the lit matches fell onto a piece of paper, which flared into flames. The flames then spread to two shirts. He put out the flames, then fell asleep. He woke up minutes later choking on the smoke caused by the fire.

He admitted setting several small fires in the past due to being bored.

Juvenile authorities were contacted.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

November 2018

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    
 

Upcoming Events

Twitter Feed