State police reports
State police at the Fern Ridge barracks charged Alexys Naranjo, 23, of Albrightsville, with driving under the influence of alcohol on Sept. 3. when she stopped at the intersection of Route 940 and Buck Boulevard in Tobyhanna Township.
• Christian Rosario, 24, of Tobyhanna, was charged by state police at the Fern Ridge barracks on drug possession charges after a traffic stop Sept. 9 on Interstate 80 eastbound in Tunkhannock Township.
Police said when they stopped him they observed drug paraphernalia in the car. When questioned, he turned over to police a small amount of marijuana.
• State police at the Fogelsville barracks were summoned to a report of an unauthorized use of a motor vehicle Sept. 3 along King’s Highway in Lynn Township.
Police said they learned the driver of the vehicle had an active warrant out of Tamaqua and was found to be in possession of OxyContin.
• State police at the Fogelsville barracks charged a person for scattering rubbish when they responded to an incident Sept. 2 on Ontelaunee Road in Lynn Township.
Police said the person was taken into custody after resisting arrest.
• State police at the Fogelsville barracks are investigating an the identity theft case of a 60-year-old Fogelsville man.
Police said he reported Sept. 1 that a fraudulent unemployment claim was filed in his name with the Department of Labor & Industry.
• Two women, ages 24 and 49, from New Tripoli were charged with harassment by state police at the Fogelsville barracks after they were summoned to a domestic disturbance Aug. 31 along Kistler Valley Road in Lynn Township.
• State police at Frackville investigated a one-vehicle crash at on Sept. 17 along Route 54 in Rush Township, Schuylkill County.
Troopers said Ryan D. Achey, 28, of Mahanoy Plane, was driving a Ford Mustang eastbound and failed to observe a vehicle turning left onto Fairview Street. Achey swerved to the right and struck an embankment along the berm. The vehicle traveled up the embankment and struck a utility pole and then struck the embankment again.
Achey failed to notify police. A passing motorist called police. Achey was not injured.
He was cited for the crash.
• A Schuylkill County man faces charges following an incident on Sept. 10 at the Palmerton post office along Sunny Rest Drive.
State police at Lehighton were dispatched for a report of a hit-and-run crash. The vehicle involved was found and the driver, a 67-year-old man from Shenandoah was taken into custody for suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol. Charges to be filed.