State police report on drug violations, harassment
State police at Lehighton reported on the following incidents:
• On June 27 at 7:56 p.m. troopers on patrol spotted Mark J. Dacosta, 39, of Nesquehoning, along South First Street in Lehighton. It was known that he had an active warrant for his arrest. After a short foot pursuit Dacosta was taken into custody and placed in the county prison in Nesquehoning on the warrant.
• On June 29 at 2:13 a.m. troopers conducted a traffic stop of a 2000 Honda Civic at Route 115 and Effort Neola Road in Chestnuthill Township, Monroe County, for a vehicle code violation. The driver, a 26-year-old man from Kunkletown, who troopers declined to identify, was found to be under the influence of alcohol and placed under arrest for suspicion of DUI. The charge is pending test results.
• On June 29 at 7:26 a.m. troopers conducted a traffic stop of a 2006 Yamaha motorcycle for traffic violations. A passenger, a 29-year-old woman from Walnutport, who troopers declined to identify, was found in possession of illegal substances and drug paraphernalia. Drug charges to be filed.
• On July 6 at 9:11 p.m. troopers responded to a residence along Long Run Road in Franklin Township for a fight that occurred between a 27-year-old woman from Jim Thorpe and a 17-year-old man from Lehighton.
As a result the teen was charged with harassment - physical contact.
• Troopers also reported the arrest of a 38-year-old man from Jim Thorpe, on drug possession charges. Troopers said the suspect, who they declined to identify, was arrested on a warrant on July 14 at 5:58 p.m. along Route 903 in Penn Forest Township, Carbon County. While being taken into custody on the warrant troopers found him in possession of a silver cylinder containing suspected clonazepam.
• A theft of a vehicle reported on June 9 at 2 p.m.
Troopers said a 43-year-old woman from Nesquehoning, reported her 2008 maroon/burgundy Kia Rondo had been stolen. The investigation is continuin