A look back: Feb. 22, 1957
The 107th anniversary of the founding of Carbon Lodge No. 242, F. & A.M., was held in Meeds Memorial Methodist Church, Nesquehoning, with 85 people in attendance.
The Rev. Nevin Schellenberger, East Greenville, was the guest speaker, introduced by toastmaster Gordon Ulshafer. Invocation and benediction was given by Fred DeBillis, chaplain.
The welcome was given by Samuel Kitchko, worshipful master. Other officers of the lodge are Frank Foster Sr., warden; John Dolinsky, junior warden; Ellsworth Rehrig, secretary; and Stanley Trainer, treasurer.
The lodge was founded on Washington’s birthday in 1850.