State police at Lehighton investigate theft, mischief incidents
State police at Lehighton reported investigating the following theft and criminal mischief incidents.
• A 65-year-old man, of Dotters Corner Road, in Polk Township, Monroe County, reported various tools were removed from a barn on his property. The incident was reported on Oct. 12.
• A 39-year-old woman from Walnutport, reported someone removed a two hitch from her vehicle while it was parked in the parking lot of the Country Junction, Route 209, in Towamensing Township, Carbon County. The theft occurred sometime between 2 and 3:30 p.m. on Oct. 7.
• A 54-year-old woman from High Point Drive, in Polk Township, reported a package was stolen from her residence sometime between 2 p.m. on Oct. 5 and 3 p.m. on Oct. 6.
• A 35-year-old man from the 600 block of White Street, Bowmanstown, reported someone took a package containing state inspection stickers from his business. The theft occurred sometime between Sept. 27 and Oct. 5.
• Troopers are investigating an incident in which an 87-year-old resident from the 100 block of Anchorage Road in Saylorsburg, Monroe County, sent cash to claim a Publisher Clearing House prize, but never received one.
• A 39-year-old woman from the 7000 block of Birch Drive, in Polk Township, reported someone took a package from her front porch that contained a cellphone. The incident occurred sometime between 12:25 and 3:30 p.m. on Oct. 4.
• A 60-year-old woman from Mountain View Drive, in Polk Township, reported someone put nails under the tires of her vehicle while parked at her residence. The incident occurred sometime between Oct. 3 and 6.
• A 58-year-old woman from Gilbert has been cited for criminal trespass for an incident on Oct. 6 about 11 p.m. at a residence along Trach Road, Kregesville, in Polk Township. The suspect was told by a 50-year-old man several times that she was on private property and to leave, but she did not leave.