Skip to main content

Nesquehoning blaze ruled accidental

  • ANDREW LEIBENGUTH/TIMES NEWS
    ANDREW LEIBENGUTH/TIMES NEWS
Published June 26. 2013 05:03PM

Nesquehoning police said that a state police fire marshal has ruled yesterday's early morning fire at 151 West Columbus Ave. accidental. Pictured is the gutted remains of the kitchen. Robert Sponheimer, the only person living in the home, told police and firefighters that the fire started after he fell asleep while cooking a hot dog on a small grill in the kitchen. When emergency crews arrived they saw Sponheimer using a ladder to climb to the second-floor window of the burning home to retrieve items inside. Despite a quick response by firefighters, the home was destroyed. Police added that the house, owned by Sponheimer's mother, Annette Neyer, was not insured. The investigating officer is Patrolman Brian White, with Patrolman Tim Wuttke assisting.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

October 2017

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    

Twitter Feed

Reader Photo Galleries