Skip to main content

Garage burns, 1 hospitalized

Published June 13. 2011 05:04PM

One person sustained burns and was transported to a hospital when a garage burned last night in Nesquehoning.

Reportedly the detached garage is at a home which is a rental property, and the owner lives in New Jersey.

Fire Chief John McArdle said the Nesquehoning Fire Department extinguished the blaze, which destroyed the garage and a car inside it.

Assisting at the scene was the Nesquehoning Police Department, fire police, Nesquehoning Ambulance Corps, Lansford Ambulance Corps, and Lehighton ALS.

McArdle said he hasn't determined the cause of the fire, which was reported at 11:29 p.m.

He said he will be consulting with a state police fire marshal.

It was one of three calls for the fire company between 9:59 and 11:29 p.m. At 9:59 p.m., the fire company responded to an accident on Route 209.

After that, the volunteers were asked to help with a lift assist.

Then the fire call occurred.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar


October 2017


Twitter Feed

Reader Photo Galleries