Lehighton Fire Dept. has 18 calls during July
The Lehighton Fire Department responded to 18 alarms during the month of July.
Of these calls, four were vehicle accidents, four were for automatic alarms, two each were dwelling fires and electrical fires, and one each were rubbish fire, structure fire, rescue and miscellaneous.
The monthly report was submitted by Fire Chief John Kuller.
He noted that 11 of the fire calls were accidental in nature.
Eight of the alarms were in Mahoning Township, six were in Lehighton, one was in Weissport, and one was a mutual aid.
The fire department spent six hours and 20 minutes on calls and three hours and 20 minutes on cleanup.
Other activities for the month were:
• Three weekly training sessions were held.
• One monthly officers' meeting was held.
• One fire department meeting was held.
• One monthly fireman's relief meeting was held.
• 155 man-hours were spent maintaining apparatus, equipment, and stations.
• One intercompany drill was held with Franklin Township.
• 74 man-hours of in-house training occurred.
• 168 man-hours of outside training occurred.