Polk Elementary School's beginning started in 1912 with the building of a frame two-room structure for high school students in Polk Township, Kresgeville. Its principal was John H. Kunkle.
Ÿ In 1922, three students graduated.
Ÿ In 1926 it became a four-year high school with three teachers.
Ÿ In 1928, Sebastian S. Kresge (founder of K-Mart) donated $25,000 to build a new brick consolidated school. Students commuted, furnishing their own transportation.
Ÿ In 1931, seventh and eighth grades were added.
Ÿ In 1956, largest graduating class with 33.