Lehighton American Legion Post is hosting a visit from the Mobile Veterans Van from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 24. State Rep. Doyle Heffley arranged for the van to visit Carbon County to assist veterans with a variety of issues.
There are 6,300 veterans in Carbon County and that approximately 3,000 of them currently are not using the V.A. health system.
Some of the services provided through the Mobile Veteran Center are:
* Individual and group counseling
* Marital and family counseling
* Bereavement counseling
* Medical referrals
* Assistance in applying for VA benefits
* Employment counseling, counseling, guidance and referrals.
* Alcohol and drug assessments.