As of this week, the Allentown Diocese has sold seven of the 47 churches it closed in Carbon and Schuylkill counties on July 15, 2008. The sales mean additional tax revenue for the counties, municipalities and school districts in which the former churches are located.
Information was not immediately available for some of the sold churches.
1. St. Boniface, 24 N. Nichols St., St. Clair Borough: Sold Oct. 28, 2009 to Carole and Edmund Quirin for $35,000.
2. St. Bertha, 712 Broad St., Tuscarora: Sold Feb. 18, 2010 to Gregg and Brian Tirpak, 300 Arlington St., Tamaqua, for $30,000.
3. Immaculate Conception, 4th and Center Streets, Kelayres: Sold Feb. 27, 2010 to Kamel F. Beshay, Kelayres, for $60,000.
4. St. Barbara, Minersville.
5. Assumption BVM, Mahanoy City.
6. St. Fidelis, Mahanoy City.
1. St. Bartholomew, Tresckow: Sold Dec. 23, 2009 to Thomas Trella and Robert Veet for $70,000.