Flames swept through a one-vehicle garage in Summit Hill last night, destroying the structure.

The fire occurred in an alley to the rear of the 200 block of West Holland Street next to the Ginder Field at about 6:30.

When firefighters arrived at the scene, the garage was an inferno.

The structure reportedly belonged to Mike McCarroll. It was reported the garage contained many items, including automotive parts.

Despite the intensity of the flames, the fire was brought under control in about 20 minutes. No other structures were affected.

Fire Chief Shawn Hoben ruled the cause of the fire accidental. He said it appears the blaze had its start in the vicinity of a wood-burner.

Response was quick by firefighters with apparatus and personnel arriving on the scene within minutes. The firetrucks are currently being housed in the borough garage, which is only a short distance from the scene of the fire.

Hoben said the Summit Hill and Lansford Fire Departments were at the scene, as well as the Rapid Intervention Team (RIT) of the Tamaqua Fire Department.

The Coaldale Fire Company was stationed on stand-by status at the Lansford Fire Company.

Also at the scene was the Lehighton Ambulance.

There were no reported injuries.