Palmerton library news
• Preschool story hour is held at 10:30 a.m. every Friday during the school year. It is free and open to the public. Story hour will start Sept. 7.
• Watercolor painting classes are offered for children and for adults. Contact the teacher at 610-737-9844 or email@example.com for more information on dates and times.
• Homework helpers for grades 1-8: 3:15 to 4 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays. Volunteer tutors will help children with homework and other assignments. Free but parents must register each child. No program June-August.
• Teen Advisory Group for teens in grades 5-12. Meetings are at 3:30 p.m. the first and third Thursdays of the month. Call the library and ask for Christine for details.
Activities for all
• Knitting Club meets from 6-8 p.m. the first Monday of each month. It is free and open to anyone interested in knitting and crocheting of all skill levels. There is no club June-September.
• Third Monday Book Club meets the third Monday of each month from noon to 1:30 p.m. and discusses a different book each month. New members are always welcome. No club June-August.
• Yoga classes are offered every Saturday at 9 a.m. Call the teacher at 570-436-1762 for more information or stop in on Saturday.
• The library board of directors meets at 4 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month. Meetings are open to the public.
• Friends of the Palmerton Area Library meet four times a year. The next meeting will be at 7 p.m. Oct. 9. Everyone is welcome.
• Quilt Guild: The Sew What Quilt Guild meets at the library at 7 p.m. on the second Thursday of each month. New members and visitors are always welcome. Please use the side door.
• Blue Mountain Fiber Guild: Exploring all things related to fiber arts (spinning, weaving, etc.) No sheep necessary to join. Check it out at 7 p.m. on the first Tuesday of each month.
• Our Family History: Do you know who your family is? There’s a chance to find out. Come to the library from 6-7:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month to learn how to research your family history.
• Get your bumper sticker now.
Palmerton Area Library Golf Tournament is Aug. 24 at Blue Shamrock Golf Club. Get your team together now for the four-person scramble format. Sponsorship opportunities are available. Coffee, doughnuts, juice and barbecue lunch buffet available.
Entry fee is $75 a person with lunch buffet $20 a person.
Registration is at 7 a.m. with shotgun start at 8 a.m.
Call the library for more information at 610-826-3424 or register online at www.palmertonarealibrary.com.
Check out all the library activities at www.palmertonarealibrary.com or check out the library on Facebook.