Palmerton Area Library News May 2019
• Preschool Story Hour is held every Friday at 10:30 a.m. during the school year. Free and open to the public.
• Peapods Story Time stories, songs and finger plays for children ages 0 to 2. May 14 at 11 a.m.
• Saturday Story Time for children ages 0 to 5. May 18 at 10:30 a.m.
• Watercolor Painting Classes are offered for children and for adults. Contact the teacher at 610-737-9844 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on dates and times.
• Homework Helpers for grades 1-8: Monday and Wednesday, 3:15 to 4 p.m. Volunteer tutors will help your child with his/her homework and other assignments. Free but parents must register each child.
• Teen Advisory Group for teens in grades 5-12. Meetings are the third Thursdays of the month at 3:30 p.m. Call the library and ask for Rachel for details.
Activities for all
• Knitting Club meets the first Monday of each month from 6-8 p.m. Free and open to anyone interested in knitting and crocheting of all skill levels.
• Third Monday Book Club meets the third Monday of each month from noon to 1:30 p.m. and discusses a different book each month. New members are always welcome. The May Book is “Educated” by Tara Westover.
• Yoga Classes are offered every Saturday morning at 9 a.m. Call the teacher at 570-436-1762 for more information or stop in on Saturday morning.
• Library Board of Directors meets the third Wednesday of each month at 4 p.m. Meetings are open to the public.
• Friends of the Palmerton Area Library meet four times a year. Next meeting will be at 7 p.m. July 2. Everyone is welcome.
• Quilt Guild: The Sew What Quilt Guild meets at the library on the second Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. New members and visitors are always welcome. Please use the side door.
• Blue Mountain Fiber Guild Exploring all things related to fiber arts (spinning, weaving, etc.) No sheep necessary to join.
• Check it out on the first Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m.
• Our Family History: Do you know who your family is? There’s a chance to find out. Come to the library on the second Tuesday of each month from 6-7:30 to learn how to research your family history.
• Qigong Class For Beginners Mondays 5:30-6:30 Instructor: Kiki Peppard. Gentle, relaxing exercises that are coordinated to soft music incorporating breathing with smooth, slow, flowing movement. For more info: 570-460-8485.
• Lunch Hour Lit: Come enjoy a short story reading for adults over your lunch break. Laugh, listen and recharge for the rest of your day. Bring a bagged lunch, coffee and bottled water provided. May 9 at noon.
• Teen Oreo Cookie Challenge for ages 13 to 18. Come test your skills in a blind Oreo cookie tasting competition. May 24 at 6:30 p.m. Limited space available. Call the library to sign up.
• Art Exhibit by Paul Swedar Local painter Paul Swedar will have a showing of his paintings in the Knight’s Gallery May 18-24. There will be paintings for sale. Please stop by and enjoy his work.
• The library is looking for volunteers to help with our Summer Reading Program. Stop in or call the library for more information.
Follow the library on Facebook. Check out more activities at palmertonarealibrary.com.