Lehigh Carbon Community College offers noncredit language Classes
Lehigh Carbon Community College is offering eight different language classes this fall through its noncredit division. Classes are held at the main campus in Schnecksville unless noted otherwise.
There is a cost for the classes.
• The EZ Deitsch I Language course will be held Sept. 12 through Nov. 7 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. on Thursdays. In this course, students will be introduced to Pennsylvania Dutch, including both language and culture.
• The Irish (Gaelic) Language course will be held Sept. 4 through Dec. 11 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. on Wednesdays. In this course students will learn the sentence structure, grammar, foundation vocabulary and commonly used verbs, as well as develop fluency and a vocabulary to speak, read and write.
• The Italian I Language course will be held Aug. 21 through Oct. 23 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. on Wednesdays. In this course students will acquire useful vocabulary for a working knowledge of the Italian language.
• The Italian II Language course is a new class that will be held Aug. 21 through Oct. 23 from 4 to 6 p.m. on Wednesdays. This course is to help students who want to expand and advance their Italian language skills. Students will learn about grammar to increase speaking ability. The Italian I course or comparable experience is required before enrolling.
• The Korean I course will be held Sept. 5 through Nov. 7 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. on Thursdays. In this course, students will learn the alphabet, grammar, vocabulary, greeting and basic conversation in Korean. Students will learn about the Korean culture, customs, food and history. Handouts will be provided.
• The Korean II course will be held Sept. 5 through Nov. 7 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. on Thursdays. This course is a higher-level Korean class, which includes language skills, Korean drama, cooking and cultural immersion. Korean I or equivalent is required.
• The Spanish I course will be held Sept. 30 through Nov. 25 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on Mondays at the college’s Allentown campus. This beginner course is for students who have never had a Spanish class or had some Spanish but have not kept up with it.
• Spanish for Health Care Professionals will be held Sept. 11 through Oct. 9 from 6 to 9 p.m. on Wednesdays at LCCC Allentown. This course will help students decrease language barriers using basic grammar and pronunciation. Students will learn everyday words and phrases, medical terminology and common phrases used during health exams.
For more information on any of these classes or to register, call 610-799-1942, or to register call 610-799-1197.