LCCC offers noncredit cooking classes
Lehigh Carbon Community College will offer a variety of noncredit hands-on cooking classes for couples to enjoy. All are held from 6 to 9 p.m. at LCCC’s main campus in Schnecksville. Fees per person vary.
• Learn the history of cultural context of and all about making sushi rolls in date night class Sushi 101. Two sessions are offered: Sept. 20 and Dec. 6. Bring a water bottle or nonalcoholic beverage.
• Date Night: The Tastes of Italy will be held Oct. 18. Classic dishes like antipasto, bruschetta, marinated mozzarella, chicken Marsala and chicken piccata will be taught.
• The Cuisine of Asia will be held Nov. 15. It teaches participants how to make dishes from Thailand, Vietnam and mainland China, such as dumplings, egg rolls and wok stir fry.
In addition to couples cooking classes, LCCC is partnering with Parkland, Catasauqua Area and Whitehall-Coplay School Districts to offer noncredit cooking and baking classes on a convenient and flexible schedule. Locations vary; all tuitions include a materials fee, payable upon registration.
Learn how to make cheeses from around the world, how to make your foods look more appealing, how to bake delicious desserts, how to prepare fundamental items and freeze them for later use, and more. For a complete listing of the following courses, visit www.lccc.edu/career-training-and-personal-interest.
• Knife Skills: Oct. 2, 7 to 9 p.m.
• Cheese-making I: Oct. 9, 7 to 8:30 p.m.
• Cheeses of Europe: Oct. 16, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
• Essential Stocks: Oct. 22, 6 to 9 p.m.
• Cheese-making II: Oct. 23, 7 to 9:30 p.m.
• French Tarts: Oct. 30, 6 to 9 p.m.
• Cupcake: Nov. 6, 7 to 9 p.m.
• Kiffles: Nov. 13 or Nov. 19, 7 to 9 p.m.
For more information, call 610-799-1942. To register, please call 610-799-1197.