Carbon County Art League meets Nov. 14
Members of the Carbon County Art League will meet from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at The Seventh Moon Wellness Spa, 701 Bridge St., Lehighton.
A painting workshop will be conducted by Wayne Yurchak, who will demonstrate techniques on painting snow for a winter scene.
Those planning to attend should arrive by 6 p.m., and should also RSVP so organizers know how many canvases to prepare. The league will provide the canvas, paint and all necessary tools.
Cost is $20 for members, $25 for nonmembers. The meeting is free for those who want to watch the demonstration.
Members are reminded to bring their finished gourd ornaments so the Seventh Moon can display the gourds and have them available for purchase leading up to Christmas.
Also from 10 a.m. until noon Wednesday, league members are welcome to pick up/drop off artwork for display and sale at the Carbon Chamber & Economic Development Corporation office at 137 South St., Lehighton. Artwork must be for sale and ready to hang. Limited table space is also available for sculpture, jewelry, etc.
If interested, contact Cheryl Popek.
All positions are open for nominees to the art league board. There are no nominees for vice president, secretary or treasurer.
Here’s an brief description of responsibilities:
• Board members and officers: Attend at least four board meetings (outside of regular meetings) each year. Meetings include but are not limited to making decisions on presenters and calendar, fundraisers and discuss opportunities for the future of the league.
• President: Runs meetings, sends email communications, maintains member list, handles inquiries about the league from possible new members and outside organizations and receives all mail correspondence.
• Vice President: Fills in in the absence of the president to lead meetings.
• Secretary: Takes minutes of meetings and sends to the board and to be added to the CCAL files.
• Treasurer: Keeps records of money transactions, pays bills, balances checkbook, makes bank deposits and sends monthly reports to the board and adds to the files.
• Board members: Three board members responsible for attending board meetings and voting on ideas, expenses, etc. presented at board meetings
Email email@example.com if interested in volunteering
The Carbon County Art League is a nonprofit organization supporting the arts and artists in the area. Meetings are held the second Wednesday of the month.
Membership is encouraged, but the public is welcome to attend any of the meetings and learn more about the art community in the region.