State police at Lehighton
State police at the Lehighton barracks reported on the following:
• Marlene Reyes, 53, of Brodheadsville, was uninjured when a 2023 Toyota Highlander she was driving struck a deer at 6:56 a.m. Nov. 21.
It happened on Route 115 in Ross Township. Police said Reyes was northbound when the deer entered the roadway. The vehicle sustained heavy damages and was towed from the scene.
• A 27-year-old Kunkletown woman is facing charges of driving under the influence of a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop police made at 12:22 a.m. Nov. 21.
They stopped her in a 2004 Mazda 3 for a Motor Vehicle Code violation at the intersection of Heiney Lane and Hideaway Hill Road in Polk Township.
• A Saylorsburg woman is the victim of a hit-and-run incident that happened at 11:10 a.m. Nov. 24 at the intersection of Mountain Road and an unnamed street in Ross Township.
Police said Kathleen Gregory, 71, was driving a 2016 Chevrolet Suburban and was stopped facing south on Mountain Woods Road in preparation to turn left onto Evergreen Court. They said a Ford Mustang was traveling west on Evergreen Court when the driver failed to stop at a stop sign and struck the Suburban before fleeing the scene.
Gregory was uninjured.
• Edward Kleintop, 52, of Lehighton, was committed to the Carbon County Correctional Facility, Nesquehoning, after his arraignment following a traffic stop made by police at 8:29 a.m. Nov. 25 at the intersection of Court Street and Interchange Road in Franklin Township.
Police said he was stopped in a 2008 Pontiac G6 for multiple Title 75 violations after which time it was determined he was operating a motor vehicle while his license is suspended for a third time due to driving under the influence. He was also found to be in possession of a controlled substance (methamphetamine) and a gun, though he is a felon who is not allowed to possess a firearm.
• A 30-year-old Kresgeville man is facing charges of driving under the influence of a controlled substance after a traffic stop police made at 7:35 p.m. Nov. 25 at the intersection of Scenic Drive and Bird Lane in Polk Township.
He was stopped in a 1989 Ford F250 pickup for a Motor Vehicle Code violation.