State police at Lehighton
State police at the Lehighton barracks reported on the following:
• A 58-year-old Effort woman is facing charges of driving under the influence of a controlled substance and possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop police made at 2:27 a.m. Nov. 13.
They stopped her in a 2020 Chevrolet Spark for a Motor Vehicle Code violation at the intersection of Holly Lane and Scenic Drive in Polk Township.
• A 35-year-old man from Gastonia, North Carolina, is facing charges of driving under the influence of a controlled substance after a traffic stop police conducted at 6:57 p.m. Nov. 7.
They stopped him in a 2012 Nissan Maxima for Title 75 violations at 1064 Scenic Drive, Polk Township, after which time police found him to be in possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia.
• Police are in possession of a small black BB gun that was found at 217 Darby Drive, Saylorsburg, on Oct. 26. The owner can claim it by contacting the barracks.
• A 34-year-old woman from Kunkletown is facing charges of retail theft (shoplifting) after police were called to the Dollar Store, Interchange Road, Polk Township, at 7:37 p.m. Nov. 9.
Police said the woman stole $1,150 worth of merchandise, which was subsequently returned to the store. The woman was taken into custody, processed and released.
• Police said they were summoned to a property on Patterson Street in Lansford at 1:30 p.m. Nov. 10 for a missing person (juvenile). The investigation is being continued.
• Two people were charged for harassment by physical contact after police responded to a domestic dispute at 5:30 p.m. Nov. 10 on Andrewsville Street in Lansford.
Charged were a 47-year-old man from Jim Thorpe and a 44-year-old woman from Lansford.
• A 24-year-old Kunkletown man is facing charges of driving under the influence of alcohol after a traffic stop made by police at 2:16 a.m. Nov. 11.
They stopped him in a 2014 Subaru Impreza for a Motor Vehicle Code violation at the intersection of Spruce Hollow and Hahn’s Dairy roads in Lower Towamensing Township.
• Police said a 54-year-old woman from Palmerton and a 66-year-old man from Brodheadsville are facing “firearm sale or transfer” charges after they were called to a situation at 8:50 a.m. Nov. 5 at a property on Interchange Road in Towamensing Township.
Police said the woman reported to them an issue she was having in recovering a firearm she sold. Upon investigating, it was determined that upon selling the firearm to the Brodheadsville man, proper ownership was never transferred, resulting in both parties being arrested.
• Police said a 75-year-old Lehighton woman who reported a harassment case at 1:19 p.m. Nov. 10 refused to cooperate with them. They were called to a property on East Lizard Creek Road in East Penn Township but closed the case when the victim failed to cooperate with them.