State police at Frackville
State police at the Frackville barracks reported on the following:
• A 65-year-old Conyngham man is facing charges of driving under the influence of alcohol after a traffic stop police made at 12:23 a.m. Oct. 14 at the intersection of Connerton Street and Township Highway 603 in West Mahanoy Township.
Police said they stopped him in a 2018 Honda for multiple traffic violations after observing the car traveling at a slow rate of speed.
• Jeremiah L. Ney, 27, of Lost Creek, was cited after a one-vehicle crash at 1:04 a.m. Oct. 31 on Lakeside Avenue in Delano Township.
Police said he was driving a 2006 Cadillac southbound when he lost control on a left curve in the roadway. The car struck a dirt embankment. Ney was not injured.
• Police said a 2021 Kia Sportage struck a deer at 11:59 p.m. Nov. 11 on Barnesville Drive in Ryan Township.
Police did not identify the driver. They said the Sportage sustained minor front-end damage and was towed from the scene.
• Edward A. Johnson III, 33, of Saint Clair, was uninjured when a 2018 Hyundai Tucson struck a deer at 10:32 p.m. Oct. 29 on Interstate 81 in Mahanoy Township.
Police said he was southbound when the deer entered the roadway from the right berm.
• Robert G. Elser, 53, of Orwigsburg, was cited for failure to drive at a safe speed after a rear-end crash at 6:19 a.m. Nov. 13 at the intersection of East Railroad Avenue and Tyson Street in New Ringgold.
Police said he was driving a 2019 Ford Focus that struck the rear of a 2020 Subaru Forester operated by Theodore A. Zeigler, 27, of New Ringgold, as the Forester slowed in anticipation of Zeigler turning onto Tyson Street.
No one was injured in the incident. Police said the Focus sustained disabling damages and was towed from the scene while the Forester was able to be driven from the scene.
• Police were called to a firearms case at 7:49 a.m. Nov. 13 at the intersection of Skyline Drive South and Skyline Drive in Blythe Township.
They said a pistol that was found was determined to have been lost when its owner left it on the hood of his vehicle.
• Ashley Attica, 28, of Summit Hill, was charged with retail theft after police were called to the Walmart Supercenter, 35 Plaza Drive, Rush Township at 6:10 p.m. Nov. 11.
Police said she used the self-checkout lane and “under-rang” miscellaneous merchandise valued at about $106. They said Attica was confronted by the store’s assets protection personnel and the stolen items were returned.
• Ryan J. Schoener, 28, of McAdoo, was uninjured when a 2023 Subaru Legacy he was driving struck a deer on Interstate 81 in New Castle Township.
It happened at 5:45 a.m. Nov. 10. He was uninjured and the car was towed from the scene, police said.
• Travis John, 31, of Mahanoy City, is facing drug possession charges after police were called to a business in Shenandoah at 5:47 p.m. Nov. 6.
Police said they were summoned to the Family Food Mart in the 400 block of South Main Street for a report of a “wanted subject,” where John was taken into custody and found to be in possession of suspected fentanyl, methamphetamines and related paraphernalia.
• Police said an arrest warrant was issued for Gavyn Datchko, 20, of Delano, after they were called to a burglary incident at 2:20 a.m. Oct. 30. A 33-year-old woman from Mahanoy City who told police Datchko, identified as her ex-boyfriend, made a forced entry to her residence and assaulted her.