Published March 17. 2023 02:45PM
State police at the Lehighton barracks reported on the following incidents:
• Kendal Nicole Smith, 27, of Lehighton, was charged with retail theft after an incident at the Walmart store in Mahoning Township. Police said they were summoned at 5:30 p.m. March 2 after she was observed stealing merchandise valued at less than $150.
• State police cited a 32-year-old Lehighton man for harassment after they were called to a domestic dispute at 4:43 p.m. March 4 on Shelby Drive in East Penn Township.
Police said the man and his 26-year-old girlfriend from Lehighton were involved in a domestic dispute. The man shoved her and fled the residence. The man was not named by police.
• At 6:29 p.m. Feb. 28, police arrested a 28-year-old Jim Thorpe man along Lehigh Drive for suspicion of driving his 2009 Pontiac G5 under the influence of a controlled substance.
• At 6:40 p.m. March 9, police stopped a vehicle driven by a 49-year-old man from Palmerton for a vehicle code violation. Police made the stop was on Hahns Dairy Road/Forest Inn Road and found the man had a controlled substance and paraphernalia. The arrestee was lodged in the Carbon County Correctional Facility on a warrant, with charges to be filed in the Carbon County District Court.
• At 11:36 p.m. March 9, a 46-year-old woman from Lehighton grabbed EMS personnel during an active call on East Ridge Street in Lansford. EMS personnel were not injured and denied prosecution.
• Kendal Smith, 27, of Lehighton, was cited for retail theft (shoplifting) after they were called to the Walmart store in Mahoning Township at 5 p.m. March 2.
Police said she used the self checkout aisle at the store and “underrang” groceries in the amount of $57.19.