Log In

Reset Password

Coroner IDs woman killed in Palmerton fire Tuesday

The name of a woman who died in an early-morning fire Tuesday in Palmerton has been released.

Robin Wisocky, 61, was identified after an autopsy performed on Wednesday, according to Carbon County Coroner Bob Miller.

Miller said the cause of death is carbon monoxide toxicity, and ruled it an accidental death.

Borough fire Chief Jason Behler said the fire broke out after 5:30 a.m. at a twin duplex at 131 Columbia Ave.

Behler said the adjoining home on the other side is 133.

He said the resident was found on the second floor of 131 Columbia.

Behler said the occupants at 133 Columbia were on vacation. The Palmerton Police Department contacted them and notified them of the situation.

He said that state police fire marshals arrived on scene to conduct an investigation.