State police at Schuylkill Haven
State police at Schuylkill Haven in Schuylkill County reported on the following incidents:
• On May 6 at 12:43 a.m. troopers stopped a 2013 Cadillac CTS at Peacock and North 16th streets, in Pottsville, for an equipment violation. The driver, Keith Barbour, 35, of Pottsville, was in possession of marijuana. Charges were filed.
• On May 29 at 11:44 a.m. troopers stopped a 2007 Ford at West Market and North 14th Street, in Pottsville, for a malfunctioning brake light. The driver, Tanya Birster, 50, of Locust Gap, Northumberland County, was charged with driving under the influence, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• On May 28 at 3:44 a.m. troopers conducted a traffic stop of a 1997 Chevrolet Tahoe at Route 61 and Mall Drive, in Norwegian Township, for a traffic violation. The driver, William Hahn, 52, of Mar Lin, was found to be impaired and placed under arrest for DUI. He was in possession of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia.
• Troopers said on June 10 at 5:36 p.m. someone removed a wallet from an unsecured locker at the Planet Fitness business located at 1544 Route 61, in North Manheim Township. The suspect then took credit cards from the wallet to purchase over $1,000 worth of gift cards and other store merchandise in the Pottsville area from multiple locations. The suspect was described as a black man, about 20 years old, 5 feet, 8 inches to 6 feet tall, wearing a blue hoodie, face mask and blue shorts.
• Rocco Westpy, 34, of Summit Hill, violated a PFA order from a 33-year-old woman from Pottsville. The incident occurred about 5:09 p.m. on Wednesday. Charges will be filed.
• Bruce Fahringer, 21, of Pottsville, has been charged with harassment - threat of physical contact, for an incident at 7:29 p.m. June 14. Troopers were called to the Sheetz station along Route 61 in North Manheim Township for a customer threatening an employee. The customer, Fahringer, became unruly and was asked to leave the store. He made threats of physical harm to an employee. He was issued a citation.