N. Lehigh football team recognized with proclamation
Their supremacy on the gridiron was perhaps only matched by their utter will and determination to win.
For their sheer dominance, the Northern Lehigh football team was lauded for its superior achievements at Monday’s school board meeting.
Superintendent Matthew J. Link said the board wanted to recognize “our outstanding football team at this time.”
District athletic director Bryan Geist then read a proclamation on behalf of the 2021-2022 football team that read as follows:
• The team finished with a record of 11 wins and 4 losses; captured the District XI Championship; and participated in the PIAA playoffs and won two state playoff games.
• Dylan Smoyer (quarterback); Trevor Amorim (wide receiver); AJ Jimenez (defensive end); and Brett Misera (defensive back) were named to the PA Sports Writers All-State Team.
• The team was recognized by the Pennsylvania Football News as the No. 4 ranked team in the State AA category.
• The team was recognized by Blue Ridge TV 13 as the area’s best football team.
• The team was recognized by Eastern PA Football as the No. 2 Small School in Eastern Pennsylvania.
• Head football coach Joe Tout earned his 100th win.
• Smoyer set season records in yards passing (1,755) and touchdown passes (23), as well as career records in yards passing (2,561) and touchdown passes (30).
• Amorim set season receiving yards (989), career receiving yards (1,817), and career receptions (100).
• Matt Frame finished with 47 touchdowns (third all-time), 3,371 career rushing yards (third all-time); and season rushing yards (fourth all-time).
• Frame (running back/inside linebacker); Amorim (athlete/defensive back); and Ethan Karpowich were named to the Colonial League First Team.
• Frame was named Colonial League Defensive Player of the Year.
• Jayden Krempasky (tackle); Jimenez (defensive end); Nicholas Frame (defensive back); and Misera (defensive back) were named to the Colonial League Second Team.
• Jackson VanNorman (center); Austin Smyth (tight end); and Misera (kicker) were named to the Colonial League Third Team.
• The team has brought distinction, acclaim, recognition, joy and appreciation to the district.
Board President Mathias Green complimented the team.
“You guys did a heck of a job,” Green said. “Congratulations.”
Tout said the team worked hard to experience the success it did.
“We couldn’t be more proud of this group,” Tout said. “This wasn’t one year, this was a culmination of a very hardworking group that faced a lot of different circumstances and worked through it.
“As coaches, we’re proud of them. And as far as the community, with all the different things going on, we really felt the community embraced us, as well as the school district, and we’d like to thank you for having us here this evening.”