State police at Schuylkill Haven
State police at Schuylkill Haven reported on incidents at Schuylkill County locations:
• On Nov. 13 at 2:57 a.m. along Tremont Road at Spruce Drive, in Pine Grove Township, troopers attempted to initiate a traffic stop of a 2000 Ford Focus for a traffic violation at the Ravine Truck Stop.
The driver failed to stop and a pursuit began. The pursuit lasted about five minutes, traveling through Pine Grove Township and ending when the driver lost control of the vehicle and crashed into a tree.
The driver was identified as James Beuchler, 41, of Pine Grove. Police saw drug paraphernalia in the vehicle and Beuchler showed signs of impairment. He was taken into custody and transported to the barracks, where he refused to submit to testing.
He was arraigned on DUI and related charges by on-call District Judge Anthony Kilker, of Shenandoah, with bail set at $25,000, 10 percent. He was unable to post bail and was committed to the county prison in Pottsville.
• On Nov. 5 at 11:45 a.m. troopers were dispatched to the Goodwill Store in the Cressona Mall, North Manheim Township, for a retail theft. A Hispanic female in her 40s or 50s is the suspect in the theft. No other details were released by police.
• On Nov. 14 at 8:02 a.m. troopers responded to a residence along Third Street in Auburn. Someone shot 10 orange paint balls at the property including the front door and brick along the house. The incident occurred sometime between Nov. 13 at 10 p.m. and when troopers responded.
• On Nov. 12 at 8:59 a.m. troopers were dispatched to the U-Haul property along Route 61 in North Manheim Township, for a report of the theft of a catalytic converter from a 2008 Ford U-Haul vehicle. The theft occurred sometime between Nov. 10 at 4:30 p.m. and Nov. 12.
The converter was valued at $750.
• On Nov. 4 at 6:38 p.m. a 24-year-old woman from Pottsville received a text message threatening physical harm from her ex-boyfriend. A 33-year-old man from Tremont was also threatened. Thomas Cunningham, 35, of Minersville, was taken into custody by Minersville police and placed in the county prison in Pottsville, on two counts of terroristic threats filed by state police. He has since been released after posting bond.