State police at Frackville investigate crashes
State police at Frackville reported on the following crashes investigated by troopers on Schuylkill County roadways:
• A one-vehicle crash was reported at 12:48 a.m. on Sept. 30 along Haddock Road in Kline Township. Troopers said Michael R. Koshmieder, 38, of McAdoo, was driving a 2021 Jeep Compass northbound when the vehicle left the road on the right side and struck a utility pole. Koshmieder was not injured but the vehicle had to be towed.
He was cited for the crash.
• A one-vehicle crash was reported at 7:13 a.m. on Sept. 27 along Main Boulevard, at the intersection with Rattlin Run Road, in East Union Township. Troopers said Dennis J. Konti, 60, of Ringtown, was driving a 2019 Jeep Compass southbound when he fell asleep at the wheel. The Jeep went off the road on the west berm and struck a small stone wall. After impact the Jeep became airborne for about 32 feet before landing on grass. It then traveled 90 feet south before coming to rest.
Konti had a suspected minor injury and was taken to the Geisinger Medical Center, Danville.
• A one-vehicle crash occurred at 12:24 p.m. on Sept. 23 along Interstate 81 in Butler Township. Troopers said Teresa L. Stonelake, 60, of Pottsville, was driving a 2010 Toyota RAV4 northbound in the left lane and going too fast for rainy conditions. She attempted to change lanes and lost control of the vehicle. The vehicle struck guide rail on the left side of the road. After impact the vehicle spun 180 degrees and came to rest along the shoulder.
Stonelake was not injured.
• Troopers said on Sunday at 1:50 p.m. they responded to the area of North Main Street, in Shenandoah, for a report of a crash involving a pedestrian. The male pedestrian had a head injury and was transported to the Lehigh Valley Hospital East, Pottsville. Troopers declined to identify the victim.
Troopers ask anyone who might have witnessed this incident to call them at 570-874-5300.
• A two-vehicle crash was reported at 10:28 a.m. on Oct. 1 along Route 54 in Ryan Township. Troopers said Derek A. Weaver, 25, of Tremont, driving a 2003 Chrysler Town & Country van, was eastbound and Andrew J. Pierano, 70, of Frackville, driving a 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis, was westbound. Weaver attempted to make a U-turn in an area with limited visibility, and a collision occurred.
Pierano suffered a suspected minor injury and was treated at the scene by Ryan Township ambulance personnel. Weaver was not injured.
Troopers cited Weaver for the crash.
• A crash involving three vehicles occurred at 11:02 p.m. on Saturday along Interstate 81 in Kline Township. Troopers said Reese P. Scott, 30, of Nicholson, Wyoming County, was driving a 2018 Ford F150 truck southbound when, for unknown reasons, veered onto the right shoulder and struck a parked 2003 Ford Expedition, pushing it into the rear of a parked 2011 Acura MDX. After impact the truck continued south and became disabled in a grass median.
A occupant of the Expedition, Ezequiel Cohetero, 42, of Frackville, was injured and taken to the Lehigh Valley Hospital, Hazleton Campus. Scott and his passenger, Mary Ratchford, 30, of Factoryville, Wyoming County, were not injured.
Scott was cited for the crash.