Residents safe after Nesquehoning fire
Emergency responders responded to a house fire at 111 E. Center St., Nesquehoning for a reported fire on the second floor Sunday afternoon.
When crews arrived, there was smoke showing from a bedroom. The fire was contained to that room, but there is smoke and water damage in the residence.
All residents were able to escape uninjured, but a dog needed to be taken to a veterinarian to get checked. The family’s cat has not been seen since the fire, but the family believe he made it out and are currently looking for it.
Three Nesquehoning fire companies responded to the fire, along with Lansford, Jim Thorpe, Weatherly RIT, Lehighton Ambulance, The American Red Cross and Nesquehoning police. The fire is under investigation.