Lehighton School Board approves agreements
Lehighton Area School District’s board of directors approved the following Monday night:
• The payment of bills for March 2021 totaling $2,814,424.32.
• Transferred $177,051.32 from the general fund to the food service fund.
• The Elect Program with Schuylkill County Intermediate Unit #29 for services assisting qualifying students, at no cost to the district. The Schuylkill Education Leading to Employment and Career Training Initiative, a Pennsylvania Department of Education initiative funded by the Department of Human Services, provides pregnant and parenting teens with guidance and services designed to break the cycle of welfare dependence through goal setting, fostering self-sufficiency, building healthy relationships, and obtain a high school diploma or its equivalent.
• The affiliation agreement between Kutztown University and Lehighton Area School District.
• The Technology Pool Legal Services agreement for the 2021-22 school year with the Carbon Lehigh Intermediate Unit #21.
• The agreement with Diligent Corporation for the BoardDocs LT Board Management Solution software at an annual subscription fee of $2,700.
• A memorandum of understanding with the Lehighton Borough Law Enforcement and the Lehighton Area School District for the 2021-22 and 2022-23 school years, establishes procedures to be followed when certain incidents occur on school property, at any sponsored activity, or on a conveyance as described in the Safe Schools Act (such as a school bus) providing transportation to or from a school or school sponsored activity.
• The Carbon Lehigh Intermediate Unit’s policies, procedures, and use of funds by school district that is used for submission with the 2021-22 IDEA B, Section 611 project application.
• The dual enrollment agreement between Lehigh Carbon Community College and Lehighton Area School District for July 1, 2021 – July 31, 2022.
• The worksite agreement with Carbon County Workforce Training for their summer youth employment program at no cost to the district.
• The Hudl athletic director package for the 2021-22 school year.
• Joanna Taney, full-time paraprofessional, at an annual salary of $15,738; and Dawn Granche, part-time high school life skills paraprofessional at an hourly rate of $11 per hour.
• Summer 2021 Lehighton Area School District summer camps, “Academics & Adventures.” This program will be funded through an ESSER grant.
• Title I summer reading and math programs to be held at the elementary center. Tentative dates are Aug. 2 -13 for the math program and July 12-23 for the reading program.
• Credit recovery/summer school for the Lehighton Area Middle School and High School.