State police at Frackville reported on the following crashes investigated by troopers on Schuylkill County roadways.
• A three-vehicle crash was reported at 10:10 a.m. on April 1 along West Garfield Street in McAdoo. Troopers said Timothy J. Skotek, 23, of Hazle Township, was driving a 2004 Polaris 400 all terrain vehicle southbound in an unnamed alley while Carol A. Pellock, 62, of McAdoo, was eastbound on Garfield. Skotek emerged from the alley and in front of Pellock. Pellock’s 2018 Nissan Murano struck the ATV. After impact, the ATV struck a parked 2008 Infiniti G37.
Skotek and Pellock were injured and taken to the Lehigh Valley Hospital, Hazleton Campus. The Nissan was to be towed.
Skotek was cited for driving without a valid license, operation of a ATV on street or highway, failure to have insurance and not wearing a helmet.
Interstate 81 crashes
• A crash was reported at 1 a.m. on April 1 in Ryan Township. Jamar A. McGlocklin-Greene, 35, of Hagerstown, Maryland, was driving a 2019 Freightliner tractor with trailer northbound when he crossed an ice-covered bridge. The truck traveled across the right lane and onto the shoulder crashing into a concrete barrier. The truck traveled back across both lanes and jackknifed blocking both lanes of travel.
McGlocklin-Greene was not injured but the truck had to be towed
• A crash occurred at 1:29 p.m. on April 1 in Mahanoy Township. Troopers said Tauriq N. Qayyum, 31, of West Hazleton, was driving a 2003 Mini Cooper northbound at a high rate of seed. He lost control of the vehicle which began to spin counterclockwise and slid across both lanes of travel onto the right berm. The vehicle hit a roadside ditch, spun an additional 180 degrees before coming to rest facing west against a tree.
Qayyum was not injured but the vehicle had to be towed.
He was cited for careless driving.
• A one-vehicle crash was reported at 12:10 a.m. on April 2 in Ryan Township. Jose R. Santos Ramirez, 49, of Hazleton, was driving a 2005 Ford Explorer northbound when he lost control while traveling over an icy bridge. The Ford left the road and entered a grassy area and overturned, coming to rest on its roof. Santos Ramirez was not injured. The vehicle had to be towed.
• A crash was reported at 9:49 p.m. on April 3 in Butler Township. Troopers said David L. Kehler, 62, of Frackville, was driving a 2004 Buick Rainier southbound and exiting the road at the Highridge Park off ramp when his vehicle left the road and struck sign posts. Kehler was not injured but the vehicle had to be towed.
Kehler was cited for operation of a vehicle without official certificate of inspection.
• A hit-and-run was reported at 7:50 p.m. on April 1 in Foster Township. Troopers said Jahmel J. Kyles, 25, of Lancaster, was driving a 2016 Chrysler 200 in the left passing while northbound. A vehicle traveling behind him, then entered the right lane and began to pass Kyles’ vehicle. The other driver then changed lanes into the left lane. The trailer section of the other vehicle striking the passenger side of the Chrysler. After impact the other driver fled the scene.
Kyles was not injured. The hit-and-run vehicle is believed to be a Chevrolet Silverado truck.