Applications being accepted for Fleetwood scholarship
Applications are being accepted for the David Fleetwood Memorial Scholarship.
The size and duration of the scholarship will be determined annually by the Fleetwood Family and West End Park and Open Space Commission. The amount for 2021 will be $2,000.
This scholarship will be available for a 2021 graduate of the Pleasant Valley School District.
?The recipient must:
• Properly complete and submit an application and on or before the stated deadline.
• Graduate from the Pleasant Valley High School.
• Have participated in interscholastic athletics while in high school.
• Have served his/her community through performing community service activities.
• Have displayed an interest in the outdoors.
• Go to an accredited two-year college or four-year college and perform public service during the period of attendance.
• Be a full-time student (at least 12 credits per semester) who maintains at least a 2.0 GPA during the period for which the scholarship is awarded.
?The award will be provided to the recipient in two equal installments. The first installment will be a cash award given at the time designated by the school district for such presentations. The second installment will be after the student has properly provided proof (an official transcript) of postsecondary school attendance, GPA, and participation in community service (a letter from the governing officer of the public service organization confirming participation) to the scholarship committee.
The recipient of the award will be chosen by a committee of the Fleetwood family and WEPOSC. The award will be disbursed by WEPOSC.
?Questions regarding this scholarship can be forwarded to the WEPOSC at 570-992-9733 or www.weposc.org. Applications can be downloaded from the website or be obtained from the PVHS guidance office.
This application must be submitted to West End Park and Open Space Commission, P.O. Box 243, Brodheadsville, PA 18322 on or before April 15, 2021.