2 injured in Palmerton fire
Two people were injured in a dwelling fire this afternoon in Palmerton.
The fire was reported around 12:30 p.m. at 554 Franklin Ave.
When firefighters arrived on scene they found heavy smoke throughout the home.
Fire officials report the fire started on top of the stove in the kitchen. It quickly spread up an interior wall and into the ceiling.
The two hurt in the incident were the homeowner and a neighbor who attempted to put the fire out with a fire extinguisher, suffering smoke inhalation.
The Palmerton and Aquashicola fire companies responded to the scene. Palmerton fire police maintained traffic control at the scene.